Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer is starting!

And we're off! Summer means traveling to National Ratings, working students and summer camps!
I did a rating for Eno, a C2 om May 31st. They were well prepared and all passed. We did it at Quail Roost in Durham. They have a fabulous new XC course, WOW! I would love to go back there and school.
Then only four days later I flew to Albuquerque, New Mexico for an HB. It was a lot of flying, going thursday, rating friday, home saturday. However, I had never been that far West, so it was worth it.As usual, I was picked up at the airport by a total stranger, dropped off at someone's house and had a lovely evening with some people I had never met who feed me really great quiche and ice cream! There were 6 fantastic candidates. They were the best prepared group I have ever had. Congrats to them and their Region for doing an excellent job.
They do have this annoying tree out there, a Cottonwood. It "snows" cotton on you. It was really pretty at first, against a backdrop of beautiful flowers at the farm we were visiting. However, 4 hours later, it was getting really old! They say it does that for about a week or so, a long week I'm thinking! They have a lot of wind out there. I kept waiting for the thunderstorm like we would get, but I guess it doesn't rain there! Very interesting to visit, but of course, not as pretty as North Carolina.
Starting tomorrow, the working students are coming! We will be prepping for everything from A down. The next big trip is to Texas June 16-20 for their Regional Camp. Only bad thing about that, it conflicts with the Carolina Camp. OF course they asked me a DAY after TExas confirmed, so I accepted that and am missing out on being with all my friends at June camp, darn.
Weather permitting, we are schooling at the Ark this saturday. Updates will follow!
Here is wishing a safe and fun summer for us all.
Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment