Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hillcrest Dressage and CT

I want to update before I forget everything!
Yesterday we went to Hillcrest with 9 horses!
Lina was very good to get 2nd with a 9 on her first halt. She gets the short end of the stick attention wise. You can warm her up in 20 minutes for dressage and about 5 for Show Jumping. It's a good thing as we were rather busy.
Faith went as a last minute sub for Megan Cullen, whose horses have a calendar and know when shows are coming. They were outstanding with a bunch of 8's on their test. They had one stutter to a stop at the 8th fence in SJ. I think Faith was thinking they were done going away from the crowd and a bit tired. Her dressage was good enough to keep them 3rd. Faith is one fancy mover!
McCall Dimarco and Paris did their first CT! No problems jumping and now it is time to step up that dressage! They had a nice quiet test, though.
Cameron, who is a BOY, was a star in SJ with Levi, who is just a bit naughty and has too much fun. However, even BOYS have to practice dressage..... . Poor Cameron has about 4 "sisters" bossing him around at the barn. He is the "somebody" in the "somebody needs to do.... (insert nasty chore)".
Eileen Ann Dixon, the birthday girl :0 did a great job with Milky Way. Maggie tried one run out and Eileen rode like a champ to convince her otherwise. Eileen is my niece and of course, I take all credit for her.
Mikayla Mathers and Quaker Oats got the cute pony award. I braided him myself and he was adorable. He was so good. He hasn't been anywhere in at least 3 years! He was very well behaved and liked going to the party. They had a quiet test and a lovely clean round. I can't wait to take him XC! He is a super jumper.
Heather Phillips and Lilly had a lovely test. We were very happy with Lilly, they were first in their class.
Walker and Alex Adams tried a new test and did a good job.
My sister, Mary Dixon, brought her Friesian Stallion Nastase. He was gorgeous. He is SO quiet you would never know he is a stallion. He hasn't been out in a year and was very ho-hum about everything. I have a baby of his and I sure hope he has that attitude.
A big THANK YOU to Sue Evans, Cameron's mom and all round star helper. Next time, SHE will get to ride!
Everyone here really pitches in to help. MCCall's mom, Louann, warmed up my two little ones while I did her daughter. I am sure she was wanting to watch but stepped right in to help. Alex and Megan are great big sisters to all the kids. We are really lucky to have such an outstanding group at this barn.
One big milestone this week, I have paid all my cancer bills. I really can't describe very well what that is like. Another step in moving on.
I need to get ready to go to PC Champs, so of course I am sitting here instead....
Back to work!
Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment