Monday, March 16, 2009

Southern Pines Horse Trials

Well, it rained. A lot.
But it was FUN! Yes, eventers are crazy. Hardly anybody scratched. Saturday was what the Irish call a soft day, I believe, just drippy all day but no real downpours.
Lina was too relaxed in dressage. I am probably the only person who can say that at that event! She was just too quiet after we started the test. She actually started doing her, "I am so relaxed I am ready for a nap" groaning sound. Oh well. She has an outstanding record in dressage, so she is entitled to one off test. We were tied for 8th out of 22.
Show Jumping- I made a unique mistake and made Lina run out in the in and out. My fault entirely. but added 4 faults and 19 time, geez!
XC was super. out best round ever by FAR! We did have a terrible 2nd fence. When I stopped by to thank the jump judge I saw that it was a pony clubber I know. Jonae from Eno. So, I had a witness to the only bad moment on course, dang!
Without my error, we would have been 6th. So Lina was 6th and I was 15th!
It was so wonderful to return to the world of eventing at that quality of competition. Ever snce I shattered my leg in 2000, my goal was to get back to doing recognized Horse Trials, so I could just go and have fun. It had been an interesting 9 years, but I made it.
That reminds me, we are trying to have a big group representing Cornerstone Farm at the Race for the Cure on May 2nd. Please email me at ncsporthorse@yadtel.net and I will send you a link to sign up. The cut off day is April 15th.
Later!

2 comments:

  1. Addie,
    I couldn't get your links to open! Do you have a blog? I am having fu with mine.

    ReplyDelete