Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This past weekend I attended the US Pony Club National Examiner's Seminar in Baltimore. I misread the agenda and got there about 8 hours too early! Duh! So I went to the Aquarium. It was very cool. I loved the dolphin show. However, there was a pre-school class there, sitting right behind me, with very LOUD screams of enjoyment. Ouch.
The seminar was great as usual. We saw a terrific dvd of the basic balanced seat. They showed a horse and rider, then it morphed into an animated horse and rider, then just the skeleton. It would appeal to riders of all ages, I would love to get a copy for myself.
One of the most important jobs for us is to make sure we are testing to the same level. We spent about 17 hours doing this! I can tell you, there is no more dedicated group than the NEs.
I will find out soon where they will be sending me this year. I know that I am going back to the Baltimore area April 4th for an HB.
We were talking about how when we go to do a test we often have no idea where we are actually going. We know someone will pick us up at the airport, and two to four days later, someone will bring us back! In the meantime, we will work, we will be fed and we will get from place to place as needed. As a system, it seems to be working!
Off to Southern Pines I on friday! Rain, rain go away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment