Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And....what else has been going on?

I am trying to remember what else has happened. I have had computer problems forever and I hope brother Shaun has got me straightened out for now. I really do NOT want to go computer shopping now.
I went up to Tryon to do a clinic for River Valley PC. in Sept. About 10 or so, I thought, I am getting a cold. An hour later I was like, er... maybe something more? By noon I had to abandon ship and head for home. I am hoping that was my case of Swine Flu.
Sept. 27th was TTC Horse Trials. Cameron and Levi were 3rd in Maiden. Jesslyn won, after a spectacular fall warming up for Dressage!! Sue and Finesse were 2nd in Beginner Novice. Molly and Candy were 1st in Jr. BN!! Go Candy! McCall took the no pressure approach by jumping out of the dressage arena first thing! Good strategy, they then went clean XC and Show Jumping!
October 3rd we took some little ones to TTC again for a Hunter Show. Not a very good beginning to the day, after arrival a got the sad call that my boy Derry had died after we left. Poor Alex was at the barn by herself, but my wonderful neighbor Beth came up immediately to help. Derry was 27, in my life for 22 years. I will have to write about him later.
Back at the show things were going well.Thankfully, Molly Owens had come to school Cody for us and ended up prepping all the kids while I returned home to say goodbye to Derry. Hope got ribbons in every class at her first show with Cody! Hayden and Peter won a class! Mikayla got two 2nds in big classes jumping Quaker Oats. They are a super pair! Lina had another 10 minute warmup for a dressage test. I didn't much feel like riding but she needed to be ridden so we went ahead and did the test. Lina won, with the best score of the day. She is my best, best girl.
The next outing was The Ark HT Oct 10th. Lina had a great test and clean in everything to win BN. Jesslyn's Raddison had one stop xc but really got into it for the first time! They went to Hillcrest then and had a great round at BN, so they are coming along well. Jesslyn always gets "project" horses and makes them into nice mounts.
I went to Julie Bradford's wedding Oct 17th. I taught Julie from age 11 to off to college. That was a fun day, beautiful happy bride!
The 18th I was able to go back to River Valley and have a nice clinic with no flu sypmtoms involved :)
We were back to school xc at Hillcrest last saturday, then I had to go back to a baby shower for another old student Brenna Leary Dickerson! It is an added benefit to have these young ladies, and some gentlemen, and follow through the milestones of their lives.
Besides Derry I lost two old friends, Eddie California and Jungle Jim. Both old guys with good long lives. Still tough though.
So, many ups and downs this fall. I am off to the Carolina Regions Fall Fling next weekend, which should be FUN! I have a clinic for Triad PC and I am going with several students to the first schooling HT at the Carolina Horse Park, YAY!
Onward we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment