Monday, April 19, 2010

Finally SPRING!

What a horrible winter.
Life is finally continuing on. A few people attended the TTC Horse Trials March 27th. Lisa Maggorie finally got to an event with the lovely Phoebe. They were wonderful to finish 4th. Phoebe is going to be awesome.
Megan and Finesse completed the Training 3 Day Event at FENCE the first weekend in April. That is a wonderful goal for any event rider and Megan and Finesse learned a lot, did very well and finished 6th.
The Carolina Region Dressage Rally was held at Latta the next weekend. It was hosted this year by Yadkin Valley Hounds Pony Club, which is my niece's club. So we drove down friday to set up three arenas. I hope nobody ever holds a gun to my head and tells me to line something up perfectly, because I can NOT do it. We finally got it done, Sister Mary, nieces Eileen, the rider and Emma, the poor unfortunate younger sister, Tori and Sara Placentra were my fellow sufferers.
I drove down and back the next two days to judge and also fitted in Morgan Whitehead's wedding! My most outstanding memory of the weekend was a girl named Delaney, whose horse accidently fell on her sending her to the hospital. She was able to return the next day, and through some tears, scored a 72% on her test! She is what pony club is about for me, outstanding kids.
After a crazy week and fitting in three lessons with Denny Emerson, my dressage friend and my "Hunter Guy", Lina and I went to Longleaf. We had a great time, finishing 8th.
I sometimes forget, I love eventing. Eileen went to groom for me and we had a great time. She asked my what my favorite part was. I think it was saturday night, returning to check on the Princess, wrap her legs, put her sheet on, graze her, give her apples, hugs and kisses.
One of my all time favorite eventing memories was after my first Intermedate XC round on my great old Shea. It was raining steadily, so I set up in his stall to clean my tack, wrap him, take the studs out. My best heart dog Deer was with us. We were together, after a great accomplishment. A wonderful moment in time.
I hope to comtinue building these moments with Lina and Eileen as she gets started in the sport that has brought me so much joy.
Horses are pretty cool, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment